Saturday, July 16, 2011

Freeky Friday: Positivity Playlist






Freeky Friday



As my first official post to my new blog, I want to introduce you who do not know to Freeky Friday.  Although this should have been done yesterday, I didn't get the chance to write the blog about it.  As my friend Amanda is much more eloquent than I in explaining it, and she also runs it, check out her blog at http://concretejane.blogspot.com to see what it's all about, and how you can participate. This week, Freekware asked for another positivity playlist, meaning... what three songs pick you up when you are down? Here are some of mine:


Pretty much anything with an awesome, cool, and different fast beat will put me in a better mood. For that reason, it's difficult to choose just three songs that are on my list. However, these are three of my favorites, and ironically, only one has a quick pace!

Lee Brice - "Love Like Crazy"

Though a bit corny and not exactly fast-paced, it's a great pick-me-up for me. When the people are cruel to each other, especially in relationships, this song reminds me and gives me hope that there are still good people in the world who truly love each other and will do the best thing for their relationship and family. And although this song probably isn't based on real people, it reminds me of my relationship with my boyfriend and how much we love each other, and makes me feel that he would be the same as the guy in this song.



Awesome Lyrics: 
Be a best friend, tell the truth
And overuse "I love you"
Go to work, do your best
Don't outsmart your common sense

The Vincent Black Shadow - "The House of Tasteful Men"


This song doesn't particularly have strong or positive lyrics, but I LOVE the beat, and I can't help but sing along and dance anyway whenever it pops up on my iPod. The video is also not the best, but they do not have an official video for this song.

P!nk - "F**ckin' Perfect"


I am absolutely in LOVE with P!nk and anything she does, especially this song. The lyrics are powerful and it has a great melody and message. It reminds me that we are all human, we are not supposed to be perfect, and we were not made that way, especially because everyone's definition of perfect is different. No matter how down you feel, someone out there cares about you. No matter how crazy and difficult life gets, you can always pick yourself back up. Don't change yourself for someone else. And above all, always treat yourself with respect, because if you don't, no one else will.



Awesome Lyrics (though the whole song is awesome!):
Mistreated, misplaced, misunderstood
Miss 'No way, it's all good'
It didn't slow me down.
Mistaken, always second guessing
Underestimated, look I'm still around



I also have to add "Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri. 

While the song is again slow and actually a bit sad, I love the message about being strong and respecting and standing up for yourself. It reminds me that leaving all the bad relationships in the past was the best thing I have done for myself, and will never allow myself to be in a destructive relationship again.


Awesome Lyrics (which were very difficult to decide which ones to post):
I hear you're asking all around
If I am anywhere to be found
But I have grown too strong
To ever fall back in your arms



These are a few songs that can cheer me up when I feel down. What are yours? Check out http://concretejane.blogspot.com to see how you can participate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. They warm my soul with bonfires and snuggly blankets and hot chocolate and other soul-warming existences. Thanks for heatin' mine up!

Search This Blog