Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Apologies... and an Eternal Love

Oh, I've been such a bad little blogger lately. I apologize for the lack of posts and fresh reading material here. It's partly due to a void of inspiration, and partly due to trying to think of a new name for this blog. The reason for that is because while it's named Signing Life, and while my life often revolves around sign language and my Deaf friends, I do not actually post about ASL very often. This blog is actually quite random and not particularly focused on one thing or another, just my ramblings and scribblings of whatever I feel like writing about when I come here. So, I am currently attempting to do one of the things that I have absolutely no talent or creativity for, and that is creating a catchy/witty/fun/unique name. Suggestions are welcome.

Moving on.


I went to a wedding on Sunday. Danny's friends Sal and Anjelica finalized their commitment to one another with a beautiful display of raw emotions shining through their personal vows. Before the reception filled with toasts to the happy couple, good food and drinks, words of congratulations and tons of dancing, there was the ceremony.

Set up outside on this cool evening in early October, the air was chilly with a light breeze, tickling our faces and the bare legs and arms of the ladies. At the head of the seated audience was an elegantly decorated and lit white gazebo, where three unlit candles awaited. After the entire wedding party had walked out, the beautiful bride and groom anxiously waited to officially become husband and wife.

Sal and Anjelica were married on the date of their original anniversary. They had waited ten years for this day to come. Literally, an entire decade since they began dating. When they exchanged their personally written vows, it was clear that these two people were meant to spend their lives together. While many tears of emotion flowed through their words, what really shone through these promises to each other was genuine love, adoration, and affection for the other. Truly meaningful, real, and completely pure blissfulness glowed as an aura, surrounding them together as one with every utterance of their vows.

At the completion of their vows, they went inside the gazebo, each standing at one end of the three candles lined together. Sal and Anjelica both lit their personal candles, representing themselves individually as people with separate lives. Together, using one hand to protect their light from the wind, they used the candles of their personal, single lives to light the middle candle, representing their new life together as one, perfect unit of love and devotion to one another through the beauty of marriage.

And with their marriage sealed with the first kiss as husband and wife, they walked back together, hand in hand as one, their candle flickering ever so gently through the cool breeze, but never extinguishing out.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I wouldn't stress too much about the name change or the change of direction...I think when we embark upon something new we have a (kinda) firm idea about what it will be (I refer to mine as my little blogging fantasy) and then overtime you play around with the idea, you write more about what strikes you at any given time and you watch what grabs people's attention...the signing life actually caught my attention - not so much in terms of ASL but because it sounded open and engaging...I must confess I didn't notice the lack of specific ASL posts! Sorry for my rambling...I have no tips as for other names but maybe go through your posts work out whats resonated the most with you and your readers and maybe snatch a title from there?? Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! I'm attempting to brainstorm. I have a little help from a friend with more experience too, haha. Thanks for the feedback and suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They warm my soul with bonfires and snuggly blankets and hot chocolate and other soul-warming existences. Thanks for heatin' mine up!

Search This Blog