Monday, October 31, 2011

NaNoWriMo!... and Starting a 3-Day Cleanse

I am participating in NaNoWriMo this year, and I have to say I'm just a tad nervous and scared. It starts tomorrow and I don't even have a topic! For those of you sitting there saying, "What the heck... NaNo-what-o?" it stands for National Novel Writing Month. In a nutshell, writers who participate commit to attempting to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. That's 1,667 words a day. Yes, it's just a little insane. But, from what I hear, it's also a lot of fun. Mostly, it's about quantity rather than quality. Editing comes later. The point is to just get your first draft finished, even if it sucks!

There are tons of tips in blog posts and other things online to help writers prepare and get through this crazy month. Many of them heavily emphasize the preparation aspect... gulp, I'm in trouble.

I truly want to dive in and really attempt this for the first time, but I don't even have a novel topic. I don't even know what genre I want to write in, let alone cranking out 1,667 words every day from November 1st to November 30th. Maybe I'll suddenly get a strike of genius creativity tomorrow and go on a writing spree...

Anyone else participating? What are your novel topics? (And do you have any suggestions for this nervous first-timer?)


******

In other news... today I have started a 3-day Shakeology cleanse. Basically it's to flush out any toxins in my system and get rid of unnecessary, undigested gunk hanging around. Unlike other cleanses where calories are almost nothing, with this cleanse, calories are restricted, but it's about nutrients rather than eating as little as possible. Here is more info about how it works. And here's what I will be consuming each day for all three days:
  • 3 glasses of Shakeology (with just water and ice, blended)
  • 2 cups of green tea
  • 1 piece of fruit
  • 1 salad for dinner or lunch with lettuce, some veggies, and 4 oz. lean protein (with only low-fat dressings - 2 TBSP)
  • LOTS of water!
  • No dairy or sugars
Many people I know, including coaches on my team and customers, have gotten great results with the cleanse, and now that I'm in my recovery week of P90X, I can start it. When I finish, my body will be prepared to better use nutrients more efficiently and improve its ability to lose weight through clean eating and exercise. This should not be done while actively working out, as you need enough calories to fuel your body and your workout at the same time. It is okay to do with light exercising.

My biggest concern is my appetite! The word is that the second day is the worst, but let's hope it won't be too bad. I'll keep you updated!
Starting weight: 146.4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. They warm my soul with bonfires and snuggly blankets and hot chocolate and other soul-warming existences. Thanks for heatin' mine up!

Search This Blog