Tuesday, May 21, 2013

I Lost It


Well, hello there! It's been a while! 

For my renewal post, I'm participating in Mama Kat's Weekly Writing Prompts. Each week, we are given a choice between five prompts to write a post about. This week, I've chosen number 4: The last thing you lost.

For Christmas this past year, my mom bought me one of the most highly requested items on my list: a FitBit One. 

If you’ve never heard of a FitBit, it is a little device that you can clip on to your clothing, and while you move about throughout the day, it will track your steps taken, miles walked, floors climbed, calories burned, hours slept at night, then give you an overall fitness score on how well you are doing each day. 

I know, pretty, right?

Personally, I love it. It gives me more motivation to keep moving, and I love when the little flower stem is as high as it can go -- that’s what tells me I have a high fitness score. 



I would love to say that these pictures are of my FitBit and I’m showing off how active I have been. But, I can’t. Not because I lost the actual FitBit. Because I lost its charger. A while ago. Needless to say, the FitBit is dead and doesn’t even turn on anymore. And all my great active statistics have just fallen from the sky and crash landed in a fiery burst of destruction. But slightly less dramatic. 

I’ve been searching for it everywhere. And really, the only logical places it could be would be somewhere in my room or in one of my bags. And I’ve searched them all. 

I really miss wearing it every day and checking in to see how I’m doing. I also miss receiving badges of honor and wearing them proudly for each milestone, like lifetime floors climbed and miles walked. Sigh.

I’ve been contemplating just buying a new charger. However, I know that the second I do, the second I purchase a new one, the old one will turn up. I know it. Because that’s how life works. I guess there's no harm in having a backup, right?



2 comments:

  1. Maybe you can just fake buy it with full intentions on taking it back. Naah, it doesn't work like that does it? TALU

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of getting one of those myself. I've heard a lot of good things about them. Hope you find your charger! Don't forget the St Anthony prayer. Works like a charm! Good St Anthony, come around, something's lost that can't be found...

    Thanks for linking this up with the TALU!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. They warm my soul with bonfires and snuggly blankets and hot chocolate and other soul-warming existences. Thanks for heatin' mine up!

Search This Blog