Monday, February 25, 2013

TurboFire Update! Week 6

Hello there! Oops, it's been while since I've written about anything my TurboFire progress. I'll update you in a second, but first...

Did you notice anything different? No, it's not my lovely new haircut. Okay, well, I did get a haircut, but that's not it. No, I didn't get a pretty new outfit. Although I did get awesome new sneakers, but that's not it either.

If you said a new blog layout, why, yes, you are correct! Do you like it? I thought it was time for something new. Did I mention this in another post already? Sorry, I just felt like it was worth mentioning again.

So, TurboFire! It's pretty freakin' awesome. It's so much fun, and it makes me feel like a champion when I finish each workout.

Do you remember when I said I had trouble with the Core 20 workout, because of the standing ab moves, and that I didn't feel anything? I've done this workout several times since then, and I've been trying to work on that, and really engage my core and my abs when I do this workout, but I just can't get the hang of it. I'm getting really frustrated because I feel like I'm not getting the most out of this workout, and I could be getting better results and improving even more if I could get this down. Dan has tried to help me out, but I either can't grasp the concept, or my core is too weak to begin with and I can't flex those muscles, or he just not explaining it in a way that makes sense to me. I don't know. Hopefully by the end of this program I can finally do it.

This is the beginning of week 6, and I'm still starting new workouts, which is awesome. I like that the workouts are switched up and it doesn't repeat the same one every day. Some of the music isn't really my style, but when I'm in the middle of a workout and pouring sweat and just focusing on form and getting the best workout I can, the music is one of the last things on my mind and I don't even really pay attention to it that much. Although, I know I would definitely notice if it wasn't there. It helps to get me moving. Otherwise it would be boring.

I actually forgot to take Before pictures at the beginning of starting TurboFire, so I'm comparing to the first ones I took, even though they were taken quite some time ago. I also forgot to take pictures at the 30 day mark, so I'm going to take them at the end of this week instead. Hopefully there will be visible results, because I really want that bikini body this summer, and I'm working hard to get it. One day at a time. Of course, I have to always remember my nutrition and eat as clean as I can, because that's where at least 75% of the results will come from. Thank God for Shakeology! I'm not sure I will be comfortable posting my pics for all the world to see, but I will let you know of the changes.

I really like the HIIT workouts. They're short, but high intensity so I'm still able to get a great workout in a short amount of time. I'm still using the "New to Class" option to learn the moves on most days, so it makes them longer (on non-HIIT days), but hopefully I won't have to do that pretty soon.

I do feel like I'm getting great cardio conditioning, and my legs are probably stronger because of the all the lunging, squatting, and jumping, but I don't feel that my upper body gets much of a workout. I want to do more, so I'm going to invest in some weighted gloves so I'm able to put more into each move.

Well, I think that's all for now! I plan to not be such a slacker about writing, so I will update more often on my TurboFire progress. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. They warm my soul with bonfires and snuggly blankets and hot chocolate and other soul-warming existences. Thanks for heatin' mine up!

Search This Blog