Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Glossybox Review: December

Well, hello there!

I finally got a chance to sample all the products I received in the December Glossybox. If you missed the initial unveiling post about the products, what they are, what they do, descriptions, costs, etc., make sure to check that out here first.




The first product, the Ecru New York Acacia Protein Oil for hair, was great. I did an initial reaction review in the other post after using it once. Again, the only negative was that the sample was so small I could only get two uses out of it. My hair has decent length, and if yours is any longer than mine, you'd only be able to get one use of the sample. However, that being said, the product itself worked very well. I actually just purchased the full size to try because I want to see how it will last over prolonged use. Both times that I used the sample, my hair dried faster, was smooth and shiny, and no knots whatsoever the whole day, and woke up with tangle-free hair even after sleeping on it.



Next, the Forest Essentials Luxurious Ayurveda Maduari Jasmine & Magra Bath and Shower Oil. Phew, that's a mouthful. Basically, this oil is supposed to moisturize skin and keep it smooth and silky all day. It can be used in the shower after cleansing, or two capfuls can be poured into a bath to soak. Overall, this product is okay. The sample size is great, because you can get multiple uses out if it and see what it does for you. This oil did seem to leave my skin slightly smooth, but it didn't seem to be anything amazing. Maybe it's because I don't usually have a problem with dry skin, except for my face and scalp in the winter. Though I could feel the oil kept my skin smooth, I didn't feel any extra moisturization or silkiness to my skin after using it.



Heartland Fragrance Co. Epsom Bath Salts in White Tea: It smells pretty good. That's about it. On the front of the package, it states to use the whole sample in a bath, or to massage a handful into skin to exfoliate. I'm really not a bath person, so I chose the latter. I poured a little into my hand and massaged it into my hands and forearms (with water) to test it. I didn't feel much, but wanted to see if I would notice it after it was rinsed off. I rinsed, but my skin still didn't feel any different. I tried again, using much more of the sample, thinking maybe I needed more for it to work. Repeated the process, but I didn't notice a change. It didn't seem to do much. Perhaps it would work better for what it is actually suited for -- a bath. However, I don't particularly like to take baths, so I guess I'll never find out.



Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Heat Protectant Spray: To be fair, I only used this product once, before blow drying my hair. However, from the one use, I don't particularly like it. I'm not really sure it did anything, and it left my hair stiff and weighed down. It wasn't smooth at all, and I couldn't run my fingers through it easily. It felt like I sprayed hair spray all over it instead of a heat protectant. Maybe I will try it again styling a different way and see if it's any better.



Pleats Please fragrance by Issey Miyake: My first reaction it that I don't believe this product is worth the price. The full size is only 3oz. and the price is $92. That's slightly ridiculous in my opinion. My second reaction is that I have no idea how to describe scents. The fragrance itself isn't bad, but it's not something I absolutely love. It's definitely a more mature scent. It's not unpleasant, just not my preferred personal taste.



Zoya Nail Lacquer in "Storm": I loved this polish. The color is awesome and actually pigmented, unlike some other sparkly glitters that don't have any real color to them and are just sheer with glitter. The sparkle isn't too much or too crazy, which I like, especially because I'm an ASL teacher and that probably coincide well. I paired it with Sally Hansen's clear top coat, and it lasted for a long time. Some polishes chip easily right away, but I put this one on New Year's Eve, and I just took it off this past weekend because it had finally chipped enough to the point of having no reason to keep it on.



Jewelmint ring: I still really like this. I like to wear rings on a daily basis, but it's such a statement piece that I can't wear any others with it on the same hand. The shape is a little odd, as the part that actually goes onto your finger is square instead of round. It works, but sometimes it gets a little stuck, though I don't know if that's because of the weird shape or because my fingers are too fat for it, hahaha. But, I still like it and will definitely continue to wear it.

That's all for this one! I'd say my first Glossybox experience was a success. I like trying out these different products that I would probably never know about otherwise. The January box should be shipping soon -- and is a special -- so I will do a review after I use those as well.

Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading! Have you tried Glossybox? If not, do you think you'd want to try it? Did you get these products in your December box? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. They warm my soul with bonfires and snuggly blankets and hot chocolate and other soul-warming existences. Thanks for heatin' mine up!

Search This Blog