Wednesday, January 23, 2013

TurboFire Day 2!

Hey you! Thanks for stopping by!

Yesterday was Day 2 of TurboFire, and I got my first taste of one of the HIIT workouts. It was Low HIIT 20, followed by the same Stretch 10 class like the first day.

During the HIIT 20, Chalene Johnson set up what she calls Fire Drills. She teaches you the moves for each sequence, practice the entire set once, then you do the Fire Drill. For 60 seconds, you do the entire set, only this time, you give it all you've got for those 60 seconds.

There aren't many breaks during these workouts. You get a few seconds after the Fire Drill, but then you get back into the regular routine. It's not as bad as it sounds, because most of the workout is low impact. However, Chalene makes it clear that low impact doesn't mean low intensity.

Today is supposed to be the first rest day, according to the schedule. However, for me, I feel like having a rest day in the middle of the week is awkward and messes up my rhythm. So, instead, I'm moving the rest day to the weekend and continuing today with tomorrow's workout, which is the same as it was on Monday. The Fire Starter class followed by Stretch 10.

I'm actually feeling a little sore from yesterday as well -- there were a lot of squats and lunging, so my lower half is the sore part, which will make today interesting. But that just means it's working!

My favorite part of every workout? Having my delicious Shakeology! After workouts I add my protein powder from Trutein, but if it's for breakfast or lunch, I might add a little peanut butter or something else, depending on what recipe I'm in the mood for. I love it!

Well, I guess that's all for today's report. Thanks for reading! I'll try to post at least every other day during this program, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. They warm my soul with bonfires and snuggly blankets and hot chocolate and other soul-warming existences. Thanks for heatin' mine up!

Search This Blog